Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This was not planned...



I'm a girl. Okay, I'm a middle-aged mother of five. Anyway, we girls do not like to wear the exact same thing at the same time. In other words, it isn't cool to show up to a shindig in the same outfit. Unless, maybe you're eight, and you and your BFF are wearing your matching Hannah Montana shirts. Now that we all understand the concept of not dressing alike you can understand my distress of what took place at a Student Life Conference.

Spur58 is on stage leading worship. Everyone is standing and singing along. Jimmie, playing his beautiful guitar, steps to one side and I see through the smoke what looks like a very familiar t-shirt. I squint. Is Bush really wearing the same thing as me? Maybe I'm seeing things. It is sorta dark with lights flashing around. A break comes along and I find my middle daughter.
ME: Are Bush and I...
DAUGHTER: Yes
ME: I thought so, but I couldn't tell for sure.

So now I know that Bush wears his shirt on Saturdays. I will not be wearing my shirt on Saturdays anymore. Just in case we end up at the same shindig again.

1 comment:

Dionna said...

Thanks for joining my blogring! :)