Monday, January 2, 2012

Focus

I don't do resolutions. I'm not good at them. I can't even begin to remember the last time I attempted to make a New Year's Resolution.

I have, however, been thinking about the new year and what it will look like and how I want to be in it. And then I got a email from Brianne at Compassion suggesting an approach different from a resolution. (You can find it here.) Things started meshing in my brain at that point.

Two verses jumped out at me the next morning.

1 Kings 8:58 May He keep us centered and devoted to Him, following the life path He has cleared, watching the signposts, walking at the pace and rhythms He laid down for our ancestors. (The Message)

Romans 3:31 But by shifting our focus from what we do to what God does, don't we cancel out all our careful keeping of the rules and ways God commanded? Not at all. What happens, in fact, is that by putting that entire way of life in its proper place, we confirm it. (The Message)

So, different snatches that had been floating around in my mind came kept coming back to the same word over and over again: FOCUS

Focus on Who is most important.
Focus on who He focuses on.
Focus.

No comments: