Thursday, January 14, 2010

All I Can Pray for Over and Over is Wisdom

I can't sleep, which is a little weird because I take medicine to sleep. Haiti is very heavy on my mind. It's funny how you can feel numb and burdened at the same time. The last few years Haiti has been on my radar. Somehow I found blogs of people either ministering there or involved with organizations on the ground and have been following the progress of whatever they're working on. Sometimes I feel like I actually know them and I've been blessed to actually meet some of them. I was part of a music festival last summer that raised funds for a Haiti project.

So, back to being numb and burdened. I haven't let all my walls down and completely grieved. That probably would have happened if the word had not come that the people I "know" are okay, for now. Then I got an email from Shaun for the Compassion Bloggers. It was a bit overwhelming.
  • Sadly, we anticipate there will be many deaths.
  • We anticipate thousands of children and families will have lost everything.
  • We anticipate many of our church-based child development centers will have been destroyed.
But, I guess when you're feeling numb things can push you to the edge easier. That email did push me. Then, he put it in his blog and did a very good job. So, I would highly encourage you to go there to read it.

I've been reading and watching about how the airport is tied up, fuel is running out, and the seaport is demolished. And all I can pray, over and over, is "God give them wisdom. Give everyone involved wisdom. Wisdom of creativity to move debris quickly without much machinery. Wisdom in medicine to move correctly and precisely. Wisdom in engineering to get supplies where they need to be in an efficient manner. Wisdom of organization for all efforts to run smoothly. Wisdom to act in a way that is helpful both physically and spiritually."

If you want to learn more about the people I have followed for a few years click below.
Aaron Ivey
Compassion
Dreaming Big Dreams
The Livesay Haiti Weblog
Real Hope For Haiti Rescue Center
Hands and Feet Project

I think I can go to sleep now. God, give them wisdom.

1 comment:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

thanks for talking about Haiti!