Monday, March 30, 2009

Faceless International - Be The Change

Faceless International is up for an Impact Award!

"If we get the most votes between now and April 1 – we will have enough money to build a much needed school in Southern India – and be able to send teams there to help the locals with the construction! This area of India is in a tough location – they were hit by the tsunami a few years ago, and it is an area where human trafficking is very prevalent." Lori Lenz (my friend and board member)

Those of you that have a Myspace account make your vote count now.

Myspace.com/impactawards

Slavery is not something I have ever been able to wrap my head around. I don't understand how anyone could ever think it was or is okay. Even as a child it freaked me out. Of course, as a child I only knew about the slavery of the past. It wasn't until I witnessed it with my own eyes that I realized the horror continued and was accepted as normal by many people. And my horror grows as I learn that many, many of the items we purchase here in the states are made in whole or part by slaves.

Faceless International has a great website full of detailed information and good links.

So, to quote from one of my favorite movies,

"Here, educate yourself."
Pleakley in Lilo and Stitch


No comments: