Friday, March 6, 2009

Carmel Camels and Green Maggots

After three weeks needing to be away doing other things I was back out at Coventry on Thursday. It was delightful. As much as I love Coventry, I didn't miss it because I was exactly where I needed to be, doing what I needed to do. But, Wednesday I was chompin' at the bit to get there.

I guess being away made it easier to see how some of the Stars have grown over the past three weeks. The growth is subtle and being gone for almost a month made it really stand out to me. Sort of like when you don't notice how much your children have grown until you're away for a week. Not like the times they shoot up over night and you realize the shoes you just purchased for them last week will no longer fit.

It still amazes me how much they love and watch out for each other. They know what everyone is working on, such as focusing or sitting up straight in their wheel chair or strengthening the right side of their body and brain. Stuff like that. So they do a good job of gently reminding and cheering each other on. It is beautiful to watch.

Yesterday I hung out in glazing which was new for me. The staff is trying out new things, so everyone had different assignments and station arrangements. I loved being in glazing, but then again, I love anything I do out there. We renamed two of the glazes. One was Oriental Carmel. I thought it said Oriental Camel, which to me made more sense than Oriental Carmel. But, by the end of the day I was calling it Carmel Camel. Then there was Green Agate. Nelda accidentally called it Green Maggot. And it was all over. That is what it will be from now on.

No comments: