Monday, October 6, 2008

More Than Groggy

My mom called me at 10:30 this morning and said she was groggy from her afternoon nap. My thinking was she was more than groggy 'cause it wasn't afternoon.

Her mornings are starting at 2 a.m. She's at her station by 3 a.m. Yesterday they prepared 36,000 lunches and then turned around and made 36,000 dinners. That is just one kitchen. There are 4 in Galveston. Mom is part of the SBTC Disaster Relief Team.

The work is beyond grueling, but she loves it. It's one of those things that you hate that it has to be done, but you love doing it. It is the same feeling I get from being at the Union Gospel Mission. I hate that homelessness exists, but I'm happy there are ways I can help out.

So, please pray for stamina for my mom and the others that are working hard and for those that are without so much.

No comments: