Saturday, July 19, 2008

Two Different Worlds

Phil had to get new glasses. The pair he has had for the last 10 years finally fell apart, right down the middle. He was holding them together with clip-on sunglasses. Corinn did not like that look. So, most of the time he was just walking around blind.

So, this afternoon found us at Willow Bend Mall, which is our local high end mall. Most of the stores I can't even afford to breathe their air. I saw a purse on clearance for over $1,000. I can't even begin to get my head around that one.

I got the kids settled in the food court while he shopped at Lens Crafters and then I caught up with him. Phil and I ate in the Neiman Marcus Cafe, which with his employee discount costs about the same at eating at Sonic. And it tastes amazingly better! Imagine that.

Signs that we have a bad economy were not easily seen at Willow Bend. It was extremely busy with people carrying shopping bags from expensive stores. Maybe they weren't carrying as big of bags or as many as they would have, but money was definitely flowing. The Apple store was packed! One of the staff told me that it wasn't busy due to them not having any iphones. I really do not want to be there when it is busy if that wasn't busy.

So, this afternoon found us at Willow Bend Mall, which is our local high end mall.

Tonight will find us at the Union Gospel Mission, worshiping with and serving the homeless.

I find it really weird that we are visiting these two very different places on the same day.

No comments: