Friday, July 25, 2008

The news is not good...

The doctor has been in and told us that the prognosis is not good. My favorite cousin is lying in ICU. My bouncy, funny, sassy, sarcastic, silly, full of life, crazy as a loon cousin is covered in wires and tubes fighting for her life. Silently, without warning, cancer has taken over her abdomen.

Is it selfish to want her to stay? I'm not ready to say "goodbye". None of us are. She is suppose to be with me at Christmas Gift 2008 just like she was at Christmas Gift 2007. She is suppose to be here for her daughters and grandkids and her brothers and her aunts and uncles and her cousins and her friends.

This can't be happening.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Lord, This life is a fragile gift. It is a journey that by your grace we do not walk alone I ask that you being comfort to those with aching hearts today. Give them peace as they sit in the midst of such heartbreak and pains. May this sorrow only last for a night as you quilt our hearts with joy in the morning. As your children walk through stone cold valleys of sorrow may you worm their hearts and give them the peace that can only come from your loving hand.

In the matchless name of Jesus I pray,

Amen

Smiley (from Journey Toward Eternity)

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I will keep you in prayer. I went through a similar situation two years ago. My grandmother was diagnosed with stomach cancer. They removed the tumor and for months she was fine. But it came back suddenly; within a month it had taken over her intestines. It was a shock for all of us. Especially because my grandfather was dying from a more deadly cancer. None of us had thought he would outlive her.

Just remember absent in the body is present with the Lord.

http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb