Thursday, July 26, 2007

Romance in the Park

Last night we held our own version of "Amazing Race" for our youth. We wrapped it up at the Arbor Hills Nature Preserve. I watched a man get a bouquet of roses, 2 champagne glasses, and some bubbly out of his car and walk up the main trail. About five minutes later I took off the same way and met him headed back toward the parking lot. My thought was that whatever he proposed didn't go well or that he had been stood up. Five minutes later I heard someone coming up behind me. It was Mr. Roses. He asked if I knew how to get to the tower. I told him which direction he needed to head at the fork. And then told him that I hoped I was right. So, maybe I helped romance along last night OR a guy is still wandering around in the preserve looking for the tower.

1 comment:

Lori said...

ok - this made me laugh a lot....you need to make a little film out of this guy's day....wandering around the park looking for a giant look out tower...hee hee hee