Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blessings

This evening my depression was pressing down on me unrelentingly. I was ready to call it a day before 5 p.m. I was forcing myself to stay up and sort of stay engaged with my family. But, I DID NOT WANT TO. I wanted to go to bed to forget everything.

And then the phone call came. A wonderful woman of God called to ask if I knew where her teenage daughter could help the homeless on Christmas day and I was able to provide a positive answer to that question. Then, she proceeded to lift my spirits and pray over me. I can't even remember some of the things she said because I was crying so hard I couldn't really hear, but my soul heard and it drank those words and blessings right up. God gave her the exact words to speak over me and the exact verses to read to me.

Thank You God for this amazing, unexpected blessing tonight.

No comments: