Tuesday, November 16, 2010

6 Can Soup with a sweet potato thrown in

Man, it's been a long time since I've been here. Hope I can remember how to do this.

The following recipe was inspired by my cousin, Beverly. Or, at least I think the 7 Can Soup recipe got passed into my family by Beverly. Anyway, I'm giving Beverly the credit. I'm sure cousins will be more than happy to it out if I am wrong.

This is what I did:

1 medium sweet potato, chopped into bite size pieces
1 can pinto beans
1 can white kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
1 can diced fire roasted salsa style tomatoes
1 can white hominy
1 can yellow hominy

I threw it all in my crockpot and cooked it on high for about 5 hours or so.

I also made brown rice with a healthy dose of fresh cilantro, garlic powder, black pepper, and about a teaspoon of salt.

Not being a fan of sweet potatoes, I was unsure if I would really like it, but I did.

No comments: