Monday, September 20, 2010

Jury Duty

Sitting at Jury Duty waiting to hear if I will be needed today. We've been here since 8:30 and now it is 9:50. One group has been called.

I'm trying to figure out how to lie down on these folding chairs and not look totally crazy.

Watching people try to get out of duty wasn't as much fun this time. There weren't many that tried and there was no drama. Darn. I miss the judge that asked a group of people to line up vertically. Vertically? Really? Can I please be on top? Wait, I'm scared of heights. Never mind. I would prefer to be crushed on the bottom.

According to CNN NikeTown in NYC has been closed down due to a bed bug infestation. The lady sitting next to me and I both started grimacing and scratching.

We got to watch the fun little video about how happy and proud we should be to have jury duty. It's very well done, but it didn't sway me. The fact is that I do not want the pressure of deciding if someone is guilty or not. I don't like conflict. I don't like making major decisions. I'm not crazy about making minor decisions. Sometimes it takes me 15 minutes to decide which black t-shirt I'm going to wear with my jeans.

Oh...that lady is dressed WAY to young for her age!

Do I believe in the jury system? Oh yes. I just don't want to be a part of it.

So, anyway, 74 people got called for actual duty. One of the courts that asked for jurors changed their mind. A cheer went up from those left over. I didn't cheer. I remembered the fun little video that told me I should be happy and proud to serve and pretended that it did sway me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the title of your blog! I'm a bit of a wanderer myself! :)