Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dreams for the future

I hear people talk about having dreams for the future. 

But, what does that mean?

I dream there will be food tomorrow, that I won't have to dig in the dirt for scraps dropped during yesterday's meal.

I dream of having the energy to hold my head upright. 

I dream that we can somehow get the medicine for this disease that is making my mother waste away.

I dream about having a school uniform so I can attend classes.

I dream of shoes so my feet won't get cut when I walk to get water.

Are those dreams for the future?

Is that what people mean?

The above is loosely based on some families that I love. I hope you get the picture of what thousands of children face every single day.

If you would like to make a difference in a child's life, please check out Compassion. So many are waiting for sponsors. 

No comments: