Friday, June 22, 2007

Sick Kid

Pine Cove called around 4 yesterday. The nurse led off with "This is not an emergency." Always nice to hear. Clay had come into the office complaining of a sore throat. He was running fever and his throat was red and inflamed. They were going to have to take him to the Doc in a Box because of the time. So, around 10 last night the call came that he was now at "Camp Strep" with a few other campers enjoying movies, games, and Bible Study during their 24 hour isolation.

I hope this doesn't turn him off Pine Cove for good. He is our little "the glass isn't half empty - it is bone dry!" kid. Once we went to the Washington, D.C. area for vacation. We are all over the states in that region doing all sorts of stuff, seeing all sorts of stuff, etc...

While playing with Corinn at one of our campsites he got stung by some huge hornet looking insect. The world came to an end. Screaming, crying, wailing, gnashing of teeth!

A couple of days after we got home I asked him if he had a good time. He looked at me as if I was crazy.
"M-O-M! Don't you remember? I got stung!"

To him the entire vacation was a wash, a disaster, a failure because he got stung.
"Okay, besides the one evening when you got stung, did you have a good time?"
He looked at me like I was crazier than I am. It couldn't be done.

Getting stung = rotten vacation

Forget D.C.
Forget the Liberty Bell
Forget Gettysburg
Forget Hershey
Forget Williamsburg
Forget Mount Vernon

Hope Pine Cove turning into "Camp Strep" isn't a repeat of that.

No comments: